EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY – REGIONAL SALES MANAGER - RETAIL
JOB TITLE: Regional Sales Manager- Retail
REPORTS TO: Director of Sales, Retail and Private Label
LOCATION: Home-based (Southern California or Phoenix, Arizona)
ABOUT NORPAC FOODS, INC.:
NORPAC Foods, Inc., a farmer-owned cooperative founded in 1924, processes frozen vegetables and fruit, along with canning vegetables. Headquartered in Salem, Oregon, NORPAC is Oregon’s largest fruit and vegetable processor and has 3 processing facilities in the Willamette Valley, along with a subsidiary Hermiston Foods, LLC in Hermiston, Oregon and a subsidiary Quincy Foods, LLC in Quincy, Washington. NORPAC and its subsidiaries employ 1,500 full-time employees year round and 2,500 seasonal employees during the processing season.
BASIC RESPONSIBILITY: Implement sales & marketing programs to achieve NORPAC’S corporate distribution, profit and volume goals while aggressively expanding brand distribution and in-store positioning in the markets of responsibility. Focus on progressive sales strategies to further drive market share in area of responsibility. Work with broker network to achieve established goals and objectives.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Generate profitable sales by selling solutions that meet the customer's needs.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline effectively, identifying the biggest and most likely opportunities in the territory and spending time disproportionally against them.
- Establish in conjunction with the Director of Retail Sales annual sales volume goals and targets to specific accounts and markets of responsibility.
- Develop and present market level business plans and incentive programs to regional brokers, distributors, and retailers.
- Perform market level business reviews with customers as needed.
- Implement Corporate Sales and Marketing objectives within the region.
- Analyze sales and product trends within the market and recommend marketing and sales strategies based on syndicated data and/or SWOT analysis.
- Provide the Director of Retail Sales with vital information concerning competitive new products, competitive pricing/promotions, and sales forecasts as needed
- Allocate and monitor regional Market Development Funds (MDF).
- Analyze the MDF return on investment to ensure that MDF funds are being optimized.
- Assist broker representatives in each defined market in conducting sales calls and developing and growing customer sales.
- Establish annual sales goals and review broker performance at least quarterly, taking necessary action to reach desired sales goals.
- Enhance the business by gaining new points of distribution in area of responsibility.
- Assist in resolving in-house, warehouse and broker issues relative to all facets of sales, delivery, and payment for products within assigned markets.
- Communicate status and results of sales calls on a timely basis.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Take accountability for volume, distribution, profit goals and objectives within area of responsibility.
- Build effective proposals, based on customer needs, consumer insights and the customer's decision criteria.
- Build strategic relationships with decision makers in assigned accounts.
QUALIFICATIOS & REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s degree in business or equivalent college degree and/or experience preferred.
- 5-7 years sales experience with a Consumer Packaged Goods company, Distributor or Broker Network with emphasis on food and beverage is preferred.
- Strong retail sales experience necessary.
- Ability to manage effectively a broker network.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships and communicate at all levels of the organization.
- Ability to independently prioritize and manage multiple tasks.
- Ability to develop creative promotional programs within company parameters which meet individual customer needs to enhance growth of the business base.
- Detail oriented, able to work independently with a minimum of direction. Highly organized and motivated.
- Working knowledge and understanding of Nielsen/IRI syndicated data.
- Microsoft Office experienced required. (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Approximately 35 - 40% of this job will involve domestic traveling.
- All new employee hiring is contingent upon passing a drug screen.
HOURS: Full-time; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday. Evenings and weekends as needed.
TO APPLY: Please email your cover letter, resume, and salary history to Ingrid Caudel, HR Generalist firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be held for any future openings of this position for six months.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: NORPAC Foods, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action, E-Verify employer. Employment decisions for all applicants and employees will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, veteran status, disability or other characteristics protected under local, state or federal law.
DATE POSTED: 9/26/2017