TRUITT FAMILY FOODS, INC.
JOB TITLE: Quality Assurance Manager
SALARIED EXEMPT: Yes DEPT: Quality Assurance
JOB SUMMARY: Plans, coordinates, and directs quality control program designed to ensure continuous production of products consistent with established standards by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors, under the direction of the Director of Operations. This is a summary of essential duties and qualifications only. A full job description will be provided to qualified candidates.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
1. Develops and analyzes statistical data and product specifications to determine standards and establish proposed quality and reliability expectancy of finished product.
2. Maintains quality control objectives and coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs.
3. Directs workers engaged in inspection and testing activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products.
4. Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities related to product quality.
5. Work with personnel department to adequately staff QC department, define job responsibilities and plan staffing for a multi-shift operation.
6. Develops product specifications. Maintains program for incoming ingredient sampling and evaluation. Maintains program for inspection of incoming empty containers. Work towards a Supplier Certification program.
7. Maintains HACCP programs/systems. Daily evaluations of all processing records. Develop an effective sanitation inspection program, train QC staff on proper sanitation practices, proper GMP’s, etc. Maintain Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures (SSOP) documentation and compliance. Manage critical and quality document review process and document filing. Manage “hold” program.
8. Goal setting of staff, performance reviews, motivation of staff to insure efficient operation and proper development of personnel.
9. Assist in the purchase of appropriate testing equipment; negotiate the best quality and prices.
10. Distribute all lab supplies and equipment as needed.
11. Maintain Customer standards-have access to customer product specifications. Effectively interface customer quality requirements into plant operation. Develop effective finished product evaluation testing.
12. Analyze Quality Data - Determine process capability, identify quality problems, implement recommendations for improvement.
13. Types monthly follow up reports and routes quarterly reports involving customer complaints.
14. Manage Sample order program.
15. Handle customer, third-party and government inspections/audits.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree from four-year College or University in scientific field, preferably Food Science. Minimum 5 years experience at quality assurance manager level. Knowledge of HACCP, statistical process control, food plant GMP’s, sanitation required. Knowledge in low acid canned food regulation, steel can composition and enamel systems and can seam evaluation preferred.
Truitt Family Foods, Inc. is a growing Company with a novel product offering that is in step with the strongest trends among consumers. We strive to lead rather than follow and seek candidates with a similar vision.