General Description : The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the daily operations of the following functional areas: Production, Supply Chain Management, Shipping/Receiving, and Maintenance. The Operations Manager works with senior management to establish company vision and goals. Works with senior management and department leaders to implement policies and procedures that ensure safe, efficient operations providing goods and services at the lowest effective cost. Communicates this information and holds staff accountable. Works with department leaders to problem solve operational issues utilizing continuous improvement techniques. This position will at times need to work with customers, vendors and contractors to resolve issues regarding service and/or production.
- S. Business or Engineering background and/or,
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a related, upper level, managerial roll in a similar manufacturing environment.
- Strong leadership and communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical, numerical and reasoning abilities.
- Ability to work collectively with a diverse group of people and personalities.
- Strong administrative skills including working knowledge of common business computer applications including MS office applications as well as inventory control and accounting applications.
- Results oriented with the ability to balance many business considerations.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Communicates daily with sales staff, quality assurance and production to ensure customer needs are met.
- Reviews and approves daily/weekly bulk production plans/schedules.
- Works with transportation and production to resolve shipping issues.
- Manage raw materials inventories. Ensures appropriate inventory levels are maintained to support the needs of production. Monitors raw material quality and ensures timely rotation to minimize loss. Communicate needs/issues to appropriate stakeholders in a timely manner.
- Plan, schedule and direct the production of retail products to meet customer needs.
- Manage packaging materials inventories. Ensures appropriate inventory levels are maintained to support the needs of production.
- Ensure timely/accurate data entry of operations activities within SAP. Provide production, inventory performance reports as required/requested.
- Ensures appropriate staffing needs are maintained.
- Monitors production, shipping/receiving and maintenance activities, troubleshoots issues and implements positive change.
- Writes policy/procedures as required to effectively communicate expectations and instructions.
- Participates as a member of the Food Safety Management Team.
- Responsible for ensuring the effective training of staff in their respective operational competencies. Develops and implements training schedules and programs. To include work instructions as well as safety training.
- Responsible for ensuring operational activities are carried out in accordance with all requirements of the FSSC 22000 standard and Hood River Juice Co. Policy as well as local, state and federal regulations.
- Ensure completion/implementation of corrective actions.
- Plans, schedules and directs the daily activities of the maintenance department. Updates and implements preventative maintenance schedules to ensure the continuous, efficient operations of the plant.
- Ensures appropriate inventories of repair/replacement parts are maintained.
- Work as part of a team providing input for the development of company goals and objectives.
Due to the nature of this position it is important that you show up on time and on a regular basis.
On call 24/7 to attend to emergency situations. If not going to be available, make appropriate arrangements.
- Maintain a positive working environment.
- Perform all duties with courtesy, friendliness, and enthusiasm.
- Perform other tasks as directed by the VP of Operations.
- Adhere to rules, regulations, and company policies, present and future that are published for employees.
- Prioritize your work and maintain high quality standards.
Work Environment :
Professional office environment: Involves 70% sitting and working at a computer/video display terminal and 30% walking gathering information and assisting new hires. General working hours are 8:00am – 5:00pm Monday through Friday. These hours and days may change based on work load and special events/meetings.
Physical Requirements :
Must be able to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing; able to sit for long periods of time. Must be able to type on a keyboard.
Please visit www.ryansjuice.com for an HRJCO application. A completed employment application must be submitted to be considered for this position. Qualified applicants only, no phone calls please. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Candidates must pass a pre-employment drug screening and basic background check prior to employment. HRJCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer.