SUMMARY: This individual performs manual labor in the Formulated Department, adhering to the highest standards of quality and service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Completes daily documentation of batches with comprehensive understanding of the data and its impact to the operation
- Operates within all standard operating procedures.
- Operates forklifts and other heavy equipment.
- Cleans and maintains work area.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Adhere to proper GMPS
- Operates food processing equipment, including but not limited to mixers, sieves and steam kettles.
- Packages finished product
- Tests and records in process verification checks of finished products as necessary.
- Use of MRP/ERP for finding inventory related information
- Prints documentation and prepares batched ingredients for production
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals. .
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to operate forklift and/or certified to operate forklift.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- The noise level in the work environment usually is loud.
- Occasionally required to use hands and fingers.
- Frequently required to talk or hear.
- Frequently required to taste and smell.
- Frequently required to lift/carry weights up to 50 pounds
- Specific vision abilities required for this job include: close vision, distance vision, and color vision.
- Exposure to wet and/or humid conditions
- Exposure to moving mechanical parts
- Exposure to fumes or airborne particles
- Exposure to outside weather conditions.